Saturday, June 5, 2010

More Adventures...

Sorry I haven't updated in a bit. The days have been flying by and it's been hard to find the time to sit down, load pictures, resize them and upload them onto my blog and write. So last Saturday night Philip and I drove over to Aunt Jan and Uncle Paul's in Wyoming for Memorial day weekend. It was a good thing we were there for Sunday morning meeting because the four of us made up the meeting! After that, we went over to one of their neighbor's for lunch. It was a lot of fun! For one thing, they have horses and I've always loved horses and used to want a horse, but then gave up on the idea because I never thought I would ever get one. I don't think Plano is a very horse friendly town. At least in the suburbs. ;) Philip and I got to ride one of the horses named Oreo. She was probably one of the most stubborn horses I've ever been on. She didn't want to go at all. It was Philip's first time on a horse and he did pretty well. We're still going to go on a trail ride sometime this summer.

Here's Rayah feeding one of the horses. She was kinda scared of the horse biting her so she stood far away making the horse really have to reach for it. We all thought it was hilarious.

I love the horses with the mountains in the background. Sooo pretty!

Rayah on Oreo. My camera was dying so I had to take a really quick picture and her eyes were closed.

After we left the neighbor's house, we got all our gear together and went to swim in the hot springs. It was probably one of the coolest things I've done/seen so far. Being up in the mountains and swimming in a pool that is 96 degrees. And it's all natural! The other great thing was all the wildlife we saw on the drive there and back. We saw moose, elk, and deer.

Here's a moose crossing a creek! It was awesome!

Rayah didn't bring her jacket so I zipped her up in mine and she fell asleep on the way there.

This is the source of the hot springs.

Philip just getting out of the pool.

The hot springs spilling into the pool.

We stayed till the pool closed and they let us watch as they let the water out into the creek.

Man I'm smoking. Oh wait, that's just the water from the springs. :P

Water from the springs joining up with the creek water.


You don't get views like this in Texas.


We had the rare privilege to see a mama moose with her two babies. Unfortunately my camera was dying and I couldn't wait to focus it on the moose. :( But you can kinda see the light brown heads of the babies right in front of mama moose.

Sunday afternoon we went on a hike up a butte across from the Tetons. It was pretty awesome and I nearly made it to the top. I would have if I wasn't scared of rock climbing the rest of the way without gear. I probably could have climbed up, but getting down would have been the part where I would have totally freaked out. Philip did it though because he's just that awesome.

Here's Branson on our trail. Mom, you might have freaked out on this hike because the trail wasn't very wide and it basically was a drop off. There were some touch and go spots for me when I was going up and down.

A picture of our path.

I think we were about half way up at this point. Still have tons of energy.

This was the rock half way up. It was really windy up here. Philip wasn't scared (of course) and walked right out onto it. The Tetons are in the background.

Philip on the same rock and to show how high up we were look at the truck and trailer on the highway.

Rayah did such a good job keeping up with us. She almost made it to the top.

Here's the view from the top!

You can even see the Grand Teton poking out. From the ground you couldn't see it because it was covered by the clouds.

Philip on the very top.

After we made it back down, we drove over to a viewing site of the Tetons.

Tetons and the snake river.

Philip, Branson, Bear, and me

Philip found snow!

After all of our adventuring, Aunt Jan and Uncle Paul treated us to ice cream in Jackson.

Philip and I under one of the elk antler arches with our ice cream.

5 comments:

  1. did you find Jenny lake yet in the Teton Nat. Forest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't made it to Jenny lake yet, but we're hoping to make it over there sometime this summer.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Rayah are so cute :) and these trails look amazingly awesome!! I want to hike them when we come up there!
    -your sis :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. those pictures are certainly nice.... obviously the scenery is great up there. but since ive only read your blog for 5 minutes and already youve apologized twice for the camera being about to die maybe there is something wrong with your camera or battery

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha. There's nothing wrong with the camera. Just that I have a bad memory. I forget to charge the battery. And then I have to take really fast pictures so I don't get time to focus them or make sure people aren't blinking. :)

    ReplyDelete